Start imagining the difference YOU can make....
Aid for Africa Down Under is an Australian based non profit organisation. Since 2004 it has focused on supporting the Lirhanzo Childrens Village (LCV) in Zimbabwe and the surrounding community.
Our work focuses on sustainable projects and programs in the following four areas:
- Community education
- Vocational skills and training
- Community support and development
We support directly over 50 orphaned children who reside in a purpose-built children's village that has been established by the community. We pay for their food, clothing, education and the wages of the staff and guardian mothers who care for the children. Some of these children attend LCV’s own school or go to the local high school.
- sponsor doctors working at the local hospital
- are helping to establish a nursing school to train nurses,
- have delivered much needed hospital supplies to top up the meagre resources available, and
- have supplied many local schools with basic education supplies.
In 2010 we funded a grinding mill which adds to the sewing school, water project and other sustainable income generating projects we have helped create.
Importantly, 95% of funds we raise directly reach the African community and deliver the projects & programs on the ground, resulting in " real change"!
If you want to be a part of these exciting projects that make a difference then work with us in one of our projects or ask us for more information on how you can help.
Read about our Field Trip 2012
Become an AFADU Member
Share and spread the word: